Bug: Stealing focus when updating system tray icon

Found a serious/minor bug in PopTray? Tell me about it.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

jskinner
Groupie

Bug: Stealing focus when updating system tray icon

Post by jskinner » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:25 pm

PopTray seems to be doing something to the system active window when updating the system tray icon. This causes some programs that are running in full screen to lose focus and drop out of full screen mode.

I discovered this problem when using Irfanview. If you look at a picture in Fullscreen as soon as the PopTray icon is updated Irfanview drops out of fullscreen. Which effectively means that you can't use fullscreen mode since the icon is constantly being updated

mpot
Fanatic

Re: Bug: Stealing focus when updating system tray icon

Post by mpot » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:46 am

I can't reproduce this when using IrfanView in full-screen mode, and PopTray updates the systray icon when a new email comes in.

IrfanView remains full-screen for me.

Cheers,
Martin.

jskinner
Groupie

Post by jskinner » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:40 am

I have done some more investiation and have noticed that it only happens if there is a new mail indicator. If there is no new email PopTray doesn't steal the fullscreen focus

mpot
Fanatic

Post by mpot » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:48 pm

jskinner wrote:I have done some more investiation and have noticed that it only happens if there is a new mail indicator. If there is no new email PopTray doesn't steal the fullscreen focus
That's exactly how I was testing it....I had IrfanView full-screen, and then sent myself an email from another PC, and waited for PopTray to see the new email.

Cheers,
Martin.