3.2beta5 Canvas does not allow drawing

Found a serious/minor bug in PopTray? Tell me about it.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

ilNebbioso
PopTray Family

Post by ilNebbioso » Mon May 28, 2007 12:06 pm

After a long time, I can add some details.
On my XP box I can notice the problem appears only when marking for deletion a lot of messages when PopTray view order is per Subject. If the order is per Date it seems it does not appear.

vitoco
Veteran

Post by vitoco » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:12 pm

I don't know if this is also related with resources, but anyway:

I've connected to my work's PC from home, using remote desktop. This connection admits only 256 colours (8-bit palette), but it works well. The point is that when I arrive at work, the resumed session (no logout performed) shows PopTray still in 256 colours mode. Every other program recovered the 24-bit mode. I have to restart PopTray in this cases.

++V

ilNebbioso
PopTray Family

Post by ilNebbioso » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:18 am

Renier,
after one year and a half, we didn't have any solution or fix or workaround in order to the problem I posted on this topic.

Obviusly, you have created one of the most famous and good working mail checker in the world. And this isn't a poor thing! :wink:

So, do you think to have some new release in the future or did you decide to completely close the project as it is now?

Thank you for all the fantastic job you did until now from one of the guy who simply tried to help you to have a perfect piece of software.... 8)

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:31 am

Unfortunately I haven't been able to spend any more time in further developing PopTray.

I wouldn't say the project is closed, but I don't see any changes happening in the near future.

My last goal was making PopTray compile with a free version of Delphi so more developers can maybe help in future. I did get it to compile but still ran into problems with Indy 10 hanging from time-to-time. So I started on a multi-threaded version to try and solve that, but unfortunately never completed that version.

ilNebbioso
PopTray Family

Post by ilNebbioso » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:03 am

Renier,
I see the situation is quite complicated.

I obviously hope you'll finally find some time in order to end the multi-threaded version, so maybe someone could also help you programming it.

Please consider you also have a good debug team always ready to stress your software. When will you ready, please mail us... :wink:

In the meanwhile good luck for your life and business, :D
Marino