This product seems EXTREMELY buggy.

Found a serious/minor bug in PopTray? Tell me about it.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

MattSchwartz
Still here

This product seems EXTREMELY buggy.

Post by MattSchwartz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:06 am

I don't like to complain about products that are FREE, but this is such a nice utility that I wish it could be finalized.

BUG #1: The rules feature has a bug with the NEW MESSAGES ONLY checkbox. Ok when NOT checked, It seemed to cause my Rule to trigger incorrectly on ANY incoming emails that did NOT satisfy the EQUALS TEXT rule I had going. (However, I did have other emails/ messages in the poptray inbox that DID satisfy the rule). OK the manual states "New Messages Only- If enabled, the rule will only test an e-mail message if it arrived since the last mail check, all previous messages will not be tested again. " This I think is the bug, EXACTLY what is he referring to when he says all PREVIOUS MESSAGES WILL NOT BE TESTED? If it is NOT checked does that mean they WILL BE TESTED? And under WHAT circumstances are they being tested?

BUG #2: Getting "STILL CHECKING" from icon in the system tray.

BUG #3: CRASHING the SSL GMAIL plugin, I have a photo, ACCESS VIOLATION IN protocolPOP3SSL.DLL The plugin appears to be buggy.

BUG #4 Under circumstances that are not clear, I have lost all messages in my Gmail inbox tab. They are not hidden either, I did not delete them

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Re: This product seems EXTREMELY buggy.

Post by KY Dave » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:11 am

MattSchwartz wrote:BUG #1: "New Messages Only- If enabled, the rule will only test an e-mail message if it arrived since the last mail check, all previous messages will not be tested again. " This I think is the bug...
Exactly as stated.
MattSchwartz wrote:If it is NOT checked does that mean they WILL BE TESTED? And under WHAT circumstances are they being tested?

Yes, they will be checked against the RULE, unless you are using ENABLE QUICK CHECK. Then RULES are only checked against NEW EMAIL or on a FULL CHECK.
MattSchwartz wrote:BUG #2: Getting "STILL CHECKING" from icon in the system tray.
If you are getting this message, something is holding up the server's response. An email scanner or antivirus is usually the problem.
MattSchwartz wrote:BUG #3: CRASHING the SSL GMAIL plugin, I have a photo, ACCESS VIOLATION IN protocolPOP3SSL.DLL The plugin appears to be buggy.
It works correctly on MOST users machines. I suggest checking your A/Virus program for interference.
MattSchwartz wrote:BUG #4 Under circumstances that are not clear, I have lost all messages in my Gmail inbox tab. They are not hidden either, I did not delete them.
You should be able to find the 'lost emails' in your GMAIL ARCHIVE Folder.
You probably have GMAIL set to ARCHIVE EMAIL AFTER POP3 ACCESS. You may want to change the setting after logging into GMAIL.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.