"List index out of bounds (-1)" on 3.0b7

Found a serious/minor bug in PopTray? Tell me about it.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

vitoco
Veteran

"List index out of bounds (-1)" on 3.0b7

Post by vitoco » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:34 pm

After adding a second rule, clicking Rule 1 (renamed) sequentially triggers 5 popups with the message in the subject. The same behavor when moving using the arrow keys and falling into the first rule.
Now, I have 3 rules and the error popup stills appears, but only when I change to the same Rule 1.

++V

vitoco
Veteran

Post by vitoco » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:08 pm

Also in v3.0b8 :(

++V

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:20 am

I have seen this once but could never again re-create it. Maybe you can send me your "rules.ini" and I can see if it happens here too.
It's possible that the rule maybe refers to a account since deleted?

vitoco
Veteran

Post by vitoco » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:20 pm

Renier wrote:I have seen this once but could never again re-create it. Maybe you can send me your "rules.ini" and I can see if it happens here too.
Sent in private mail.
It's possible that the rule maybe refers to a account since deleted?
I've just added accounts, never deleted.

Same for rules, except for the fact that when I added the second rule, I tried to view the first one before pressing "Save Rules", just to check for some options.

++V

vitoco
Veteran

Still in beta 13

Post by vitoco » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:36 pm

Still present in beta 13.

This may be a problem on NT boxes. :( A missing dll?

pviton
Enthusiast

Post by pviton » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:11 pm

Yes, I think this may be an NT4 problem. I'm running B13 on both NT4 (sp5) and winxp with the *same* set of rules -- the rules in NT4 were copied from the XP computer, and then imported into PopTray. I always get the "index out of bounds" error on NT, never on XP.

This also happend when I hadn't imported the rules from XP : I hand-entered my first rule, and got the error. That's when I decided to try importing; but that didn't help either.

Renier: if there's anything I can do to help diagnose the problem, please let me know.

pviton
Enthusiast

Post by pviton » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:19 pm

(more) .. it also looks to me as if this prevents any of poptray's rules from working at all.

ilNebbioso
PopTray Family

Post by ilNebbioso » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:53 pm

Renier,
during next week I could put online a NT4 server (with a SP you like) with an FTP server (if you need to send/receive files) with installed the PT version you'd like just for you.
All you need to use it is VNC and username and pwd I'll send you in private.

What is VNC?
VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is remote control software which allows you to view and interact with one computer (the "server") using a simple program (the "viewer") on another computer anywhere on the Internet. The two computers don't even have to be the same type, so for example you can use VNC to view an office Linux machine on your Windows PC at home. VNC is freely and publicly available and is in widespread active use by millions throughout industry, academia and privately.
Please just tell me "I need it" and I'll do my best to put it online as soon I can... I'll use an old machine, so please don't expect big speeds...!

This is my way to help you in this trouble.... Hope you'll appreciate it. :oops:

pviton
Enthusiast

Post by pviton » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:32 pm

My previous remark in this thread, that the error appears to stop poptray's rules from working, is wrong. The rules do in fact work. So it seems that this error, though annoying, is not critical - you can still add rules, and they do work, though you've got to put up with the error message.

Curtz
Priceless

Post by Curtz » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:48 pm

I got the out of bounds error too, a handful of times. But I had noo idea why... and I still haven't got a clue...

I modified my rules recently... perhaps they are to blame?

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:35 am

ilNebbioso, thansk for the offer, but I'm afraid it won't work. I don't have internet access from home, where I develop PopTray, and to find such a bug, I'd have to be able to debug using WinNT.

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:27 am

I've installed WinNT and Delphi 7 just to track down this bug. Seems to be a bug in WinNT with the CheckListBox.

Hopefully fixed in PopTray 3.0 (beta 16) RC4.

vitoco
Veteran

Post by vitoco » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:17 am

Renier wrote:Hopefully fixed in PopTray 3.0 (beta 16) RC4.
:D :D :D :D

Thanks a lot for all your effort and time.

++V

pviton
Enthusiast

Post by pviton » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:03 pm

yes, I can confim that this now appears fixed on NT4. Congratulations!