Language file

Found a serious/minor bug in PopTray? Tell me about it.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

djk
Still here

Language file

Post by djk » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:38 pm

I use Polish version but it seems to be a small bug.
If I change the language option (choose Polish) and save the options everything seems to be OK. After closing and opening PopTray again almost everything is in Polish but the main options (I mean the list on the left in Options tab) is in English. If I press "Refresh" it changes into Polis.
DJK

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:49 pm

Some other users have the same problem, but it works fine on my PC, so I can't re-create it.

djk
Still here

Post by djk » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:57 pm

Well, I know it's a big problem to find a solution in such a situation :-)
DJK

homaquebec
PopTray Family

Re: Language file

Post by homaquebec » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:33 pm

djk wrote:I use Polish version but it seems to be a small bug.
If I change the language option (choose Polish) and save the options everything seems to be OK. After closing and opening PopTray again almost everything is in Polish but the main options (I mean the list on the left in Options tab) is in English. If I press "Refresh" it changes into Polis.
I use a PC and this problem appears with the customized bars. Sometimes, I check a text in an other language (espanish, for example). If I refresh to come back to french, the customized bars stay in spanish. I must manually make the correction.

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:16 pm

Yes, unfortunatly that is the way the customization works. It seems it saves the button caption to the customization file, so if you customize in one language and then change your language the buttons stay the same.

Will have a look if this can be somehow fixed.

jochieeen

Re: Language file

Post by jochieeen » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:40 am

djk wrote:I use Polish version but it seems to be a small bug.
I seem to have the same problem since going to Beta 12.
Furthermore, I get the messages "incompatible plugin: NotifyKeyboardLights. dll" and "incompatible plugin: ProtocolPop3SSL.dll" . And lastly: The buttons in the options tab (opties, in Dutch) don't fit the tab.
But it still is a great program!

After reïnstalling the beta 3 plugins, I neither get the error messages, nor do I have to change the language back to Dutch manually. The buttons in options, general, still don't fit, however.

quosego
Guru

Post by quosego » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:50 pm

@jochieeen

Can you explain further about the buttons that do not fit?

( Or send a screenshot to my address as mentioned in the dutch language file)

SHADOW-XIII
Enthusiast

Post by SHADOW-XIII » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:15 pm

I also have some problems with Polish version since some text should be inverted but acording to language file ... especially with texts which are merged from two (or more) strings .... In my opinion all text should have own string, even if they are orginally made from two other string (then it is easier to translate whole sentence)
"Tell me how he die ... I will tell you how he live" - Last Samurai