Contest: ComputerBob.com's 100,000th Visitor!

Anything and Everything. Chat about stuff not related to PopTray.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

ComputerBob
Guru

Contest: ComputerBob.com's 100,000th Visitor!

Post by ComputerBob » Mon May 24, 2004 8:17 pm

My Web site is going to have its one-hundred-thousandth visitor in the very near future. To celebrate that important milestone, I'm going to have a little contest. No matter where in the world they live, the winner of the contest will receive a package from me, containing several fun and exciting souvenirs of The Sunshine State, including some powdery white sand from a Gulf Coast beach, a shark's tooth, some seashells, a chocolate alligator, a picture postcard, and whatever else I can think of.

To enter the contest, do the following:

1. Try to be the 100,000th visitor to my site.
2. Take a screenshot of my site, showing the counter at the bottom of my home page.
3. Send your screenshot to me, at my email address

The winner will be the person whose screenshot shows my site's counter the closest to 100,000.

And yes, I know that many of you could easily cheat by editing the digits in your screenshot, but please don't do that. :wink:
ComputerBob - Making Geek-Speak Chic™
http://www.computerbob.com
One Of The Largest One-Person Sites On The Web
With Tons of Information, Software, Help, and Fun

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Mon May 24, 2004 9:38 pm

CB,

That is a great idea. I wish I had thought of that one myself. Just in case you were trying to think of other ideas, I thought of a few. With Florida's colorful past, maybe you could go to one of the local tourist trap shops and pick up for little to nothing a replica doubloon, treasure map, jolly roger flag or anything along those lines. I've always associated shipwrecks, early explorers and pirates with FL. Anyway, it is just a thought. Hope you have fun with it no matter what you come up with.

Heffy
Still here

Post by Heffy » Wed May 26, 2004 5:18 am

I think I missed it by 69. Shucks!

Heffy

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed May 26, 2004 5:26 am

I was 50 too soon yesterday, and 66 too late tonight. Heffy, I think you were before 69 though, I didn't check the count until after you posted your message. :D

No matter who won, I'll bet they will enjoy whatever CB was able to come up with.

henchard
Still here

Does this count?

Post by henchard » Wed May 26, 2004 12:53 pm

I suppose you are going to say I cheated :cry:

ComputerBob
Guru

Re: Does this count?

Post by ComputerBob » Wed May 26, 2004 1:26 pm

henchard wrote:I suppose you are going to say I cheated :cry:
:lol: :lol: Read my May 25 Journal entry. :lol: :lol:

++vitoco

Post by ++vitoco » Wed May 26, 2004 3:19 pm

Did you left the package full of those Sunshine State stuff at DHL this morning?

If they went to your home to get the package, how long it took to deliver it to you again? How much it cost?

;-)

++Vitoco

ComputerBob
Guru

Post by ComputerBob » Wed May 26, 2004 3:50 pm

++vitoco wrote:Did you left the package full of those Sunshine State stuff at DHL this morning?

If they went to your home to get the package, how long it took to deliver it to you again? How much it cost?

;-)

++Vitoco
Not yet. I'll be taking Randy's advice and going to a tourist trap shop in a few hours, to see what I can find. Then I'll come home, pack it all up, and then go out to a shipper.

I'll let you know the details afterward. :wink:

ComputerBob
Guru

Post by ComputerBob » Thu May 27, 2004 5:49 pm

Vitoco,
I sent the package full of contest prizes this morning, by US Postal Service Express Mail. It weighed 5 pounds (US). It would have cost $24 (US) to send in uninsured and have it arrive in 7-10 days. Instead, I paid $32 (US) to send it insured and have it arrive in 3-4 days.

Randy,
I went to 5 different tourist traps, but the only pirate souvenirs I found were coconuts carved into pirate heads. I guess pirate souvenirs must be more popular in Tampa and other places that are more famous for their pirate past. :wink:

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Fri May 28, 2004 2:58 am

I guess the tourist traps aren't what they used to be.. :D Oh, well, I don't care, I didn't win anyway :cry: .

Seriously, sometimes its just the thought that counts. I still think it was cool that you did the contest anyway.

ComputerBob
Guru

Post by ComputerBob » Fri May 28, 2004 3:41 am

The contest was a lot of fun for me. I was really glad that the winner turned out to be on the other side of the world from me in New Zealand, instead of being one of my friends or relatives from right here in the US. :wink:

vitoco
Veteran

Post by vitoco » Sat May 29, 2004 3:23 pm

I really though that you win your contest, as you said in your May 25 journal. :oops: Of course the last paragraph was strange in that context.

Anyway, congratulations to Andrew Pope (the real winner)... Oh! You forgot to include a diskette with PopTray!!! ;-)

++Vitoco

ComputerBob
Guru

Post by ComputerBob » Sat May 29, 2004 4:16 pm

vitoco wrote:I really though that you win your contest, as you said in your May 25 journal. :oops: Of course the last paragraph was strange in that context.

Anyway, congratulations to Andrew Pope (the real winner)... Oh! You forgot to include a diskette with PopTray!!! ;-)

++Vitoco
:lol: Though I was the 100,000th visitor to my site, the contest winner was the person who emailed me a screenshot with my home page's counter showing the closest to 100,000. :lol:

If Renier moves to The Sunshine State, I'll be happy to include a diskette with PopTray as one of the prizes when my site gets its 200,000th visitor. :lol: