I was missing all you...

Anything and Everything. Chat about stuff not related to PopTray.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

ilNebbioso
PopTray Family

I was missing all you...

Post by ilNebbioso » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:43 pm

I perfectly know nobody noticed my absence from the forum since 2nd June... :twisted:

I was very busy with my father's disease and dead (from March to June).

Then I need to hurry up preparing all the necessary for the born of my first son, Francesco, who appened on 22th July.

Now, finally, I have some time for myself.... So, next week I'll go holiday!!! :D

But, I'm back... :roll:

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:23 pm

Sad news to hear of your father's death, I hope you are doing ok.

The birth of your son is great news.

Kids are great!

I hope you will enjoy having a 'little' ilNebbioso to follow in your footsteps some day. :D
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

Bateman
PopTray Family

Post by Bateman » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:00 am

Out Italian friend is back! I was wondering what took you so long after our last email chit-chat :wink: Welcome back!

By the way, I'm still missing Curtz!? Anyone knowing what's keeping him away? Still the exams?

Curtz
Priceless

Post by Curtz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:24 am

I am right here, Bateman! I check the forum from time to time, and I have also had a little chit-chat with ilNebbioso now and then on ICQ! You are offline as always? :)

Well, I am busy with life and less occupied with my computer. Summertime in Copenhagen and Denmark is very nice (and lasts for only 4 months) so I prefer to enjoy every minute of it! Besides, PopTray is working exactly the way I want it to now, so I cannot complain anymore or even suggest more features.

My deepest condolences to you and your family, ilNebbioso! But hey... you got yourself a son! Life goes on! Congratulations!
Support World Animal Protection!

"To ensure that the principles of animal welfare are universally understood and respected and protected by enforced legislation."

ilNebbioso
PopTray Family

Post by ilNebbioso » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:07 am

Thanks everybody for nice words. Thank you!

Bateman
PopTray Family

Post by Bateman » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:34 pm

Curtz wrote: You are offline as always? :)
Sorry, I was busy writing my thesis and finishing the first written exams. I'll try to be more online if stress reduces in the next weeks or so :wink:

Just hope that summer in Copenhagen still holds some pretty nice temperatures. Over here, summer just gave its farewell :P

vitoco
Veteran

Post by vitoco » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:13 pm

Bateman, when will you get your degree?

ilNebbioso, have you some photos of your child online? :D

++Vitoco

Bateman
PopTray Family

Post by Bateman » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:39 pm

vitoco wrote:Bateman, when will you get your degree?
I'll be finishing my first subject in october (hopefully) and the second one in spring next year. Gladly I got the opportunity not to write all the exams and my thesis during the (quite short) "official" period of examination :D

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:33 pm

Bateman wrote:
Curtz wrote: You are offline as always? :)
Sorry, I was busy writing my thesis and finishing the first written exams. I'll try to be more online if stress reduces in the next weeks or so :wink:

Just hope that summer in Copenhagen still holds some pretty nice temperatures. Over here, summer just gave its farewell :P
22 degrees here but I guess the summer is over! :(

The next six months I will be busy writing my thesis, I am online very often (even from work) but I more or less abandoned ICQ. I am now on MSN Messenger... but I connect to ICQ from time to time, to say hello to a few people, including our italian friend!

I found the happy new year drawing once posted by Vitoco ... we've got a nice and warm community here! ;)

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:01 pm

I have been using a multi-IM client called Trillian for quite some time and are very pleased with it. It include IM for AIM, ICQ, IRC, MSN and Yahoo. This way I don't have to have several clients opened just the one and can chat with all of my contact no matter which client they use. The have a commercial and freeware version you have find it here.

PS, it is also skinable which I found was very nice since I didn't care much for the released skin.

Curtz (too lazy to login)

Post by Curtz (too lazy to login) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:17 am

Been there, done that. I really would recommend Miranda instead but please notice that much of the work behind all these clones is based on reverse engeneering! File transfers sucks on Trillian and Miranda. Nothing replaces the splendid file transfers module in ICQ.

Anyway, I really like MSN Messenger and if you utilize it nothing can replace it. I do use Miranda when I connect to ICQ, sometimes I connect to MSN, ICQ, Jabber, Yahoo and AIM at the same time. Miranda uses almost no resources. Give it a try too. It is free!

Bateman
PopTray Family

Post by Bateman » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:57 pm

As for a further alternative, one might try "SIM" as well => http://sim-icq.sourceforge.net

Although it's still pretty beta, it's a slim and no-frills alternative to other chat clients.

Curtz
Priceless

Post by Curtz » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:32 am

Anonymous wrote:22 degrees here but I guess the summer is over! :(

The next six months I will be busy writing my thesis, I am online very often (even from work) but I more or less abandoned ICQ. I am now on MSN Messenger... but I connect to ICQ from time to time, to say hello to a few people, including our italian friend!

I found the happy new year drawing once posted by Vitoco ... we've got a nice and warm community here! ;)
Oh, btw, this was ME writing! :) "Must remember to login before posting"
Support World Animal Protection!

"To ensure that the principles of animal welfare are universally understood and respected and protected by enforced legislation."

ilNebbioso
PopTray Family

Post by ilNebbioso » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:39 am

vitoco wrote:ilNebbioso, have you some photos of your child online? :D
Sure!

Regarding multichat, I'm using Trillian since one year after testing a lot of alternatives (also Gaim). Trillian was the most stable and complete multiple IM. But, now with Skype (username: ilnebbioso), I hope they'll start to develop a multiple IM alternative plugin too!! :wink: Regarding file transfers: also MSN has some troubles....