plug-ins hotmail

Writing and using PopTray plug-ins

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

tapageur
First Timer

plug-ins hotmail

Post by tapageur » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:20 pm

Hi,i have a problem with Poptray for my accompt Hotmail.
"Access violation at address 77E5A5CD in module 'Kernel 32.dll' Write of address 2F2F3A78"
Plug-ins:Hotmail beta12
Outlook Express,IE6.Windows XP Pro
Protocol:HTTPmail,login ok,password ok.
My server is Videotron Cable
Other members met this problem before

Does somebody find a solution at this problem? :cry: :wink:

wim

'Kernel 32.dll'

Post by wim » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:11 pm

Do you have fixt the problem with "Kernel 32.dll", if you have, I'm interesting what the solution is. I have the same problem.

Thanks Wim

alejandro_1664

me to ...

Post by alejandro_1664 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:12 pm

i got the same problem : acces violation ...
i just installed pop tray ...
i run winXP SP2 without any mail like outlook or thunderbird installed (or configured for outlook), i just want poptray to tell me : Hey u got a new message on your hotmail accounts ...
:)

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:39 pm

KY Dave wrote:You can use FREEPOPS with PopTray to access Hotmail webmail. It will also access GMAIL and Yahoo.

FREEPOPS is located HERE.
KY Dave

Family Blog
You can STOP SPAM using PopFile and PopTray.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:57 pm

Hi,

The hotmail plugin appears to 'half work' in that it doesn't violate the system. However, I am not able to gain access to hotmail. I am getting the following error message

PopTray
Plug-in Error: Unknown

What does this mean in real terms?

Is FREEPOPS to be run as a separate process or as a plugin to PopTray?

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:34 am

Anonymous wrote:Is FREEPOPS to be run as a separate process or as a plugin to PopTray?
KY Dave wrote:If you are using FREEPOPS, then you need to have the following settings in the HOTMAIL account.

SERVER = 127.0.0.1 or LOCALHOST
PORT = 2000
PROTOCOL = POP3
LOGIN = YOUR COMPLETE ADDRESS -> KYDAVE@HOTMAIL.COM
PASSWORD = CORRECT PASSWORD

SAVE ACCOUNT, QUIT PopTray, RESTART.

I also suggest placing a LINK to FREEPOPS in your START MENU, STARTUP folder as it needs to run anytime you are checking a HOTMAIL account.
KY Dave

Family Blog

Mindblower
Still here

No Hotmail problems

Post by Mindblower » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:25 pm

Hello. Just wanted to say I have NO problems with the plugin at all. Have several Hotmail accounts, free and yearly fee, and use Outllook Express and Thunderbird. Connect with phone line DSL, Mindblower!

HappyFireSpirit
First Timer

Post by HappyFireSpirit » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:38 am

KY Dave wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Is FREEPOPS to be run as a separate process or as a plugin to PopTray?
KY Dave wrote:If you are using FREEPOPS, then you need to have the following settings in the HOTMAIL account.

SERVER = 127.0.0.1 or LOCALHOST
PORT = 2000
PROTOCOL = POP3
LOGIN = YOUR COMPLETE ADDRESS -> KYDAVE@HOTMAIL.COM
PASSWORD = CORRECT PASSWORD

SAVE ACCOUNT, QUIT PopTray, RESTART.

I also suggest placing a LINK to FREEPOPS in your START MENU, STARTUP folder as it needs to run anytime you are checking a HOTMAIL account.
I did exactly what you said here, it all works fine. I am very pleased. PopTray is wonderful software and it helps allot.
A friend in need is a friend indeed, tis much better to give than is to receive!

MrNews
First Timer

Post by MrNews » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:30 pm

KY Dave wrote:
KY Dave wrote:You can use FREEPOPS with PopTray to access Hotmail webmail. It will also access GMAIL and Yahoo.
FREEPOPS is located [url=http://freepops.org]HERE[/urkK­ak.uÙ)%D ò—¡Æ‰  ¸VÍ=éæäÃÎD¯–¹@
Sorry, but I can't access GMail and Yahoo with freePOPs. GMail doesn't react at all (Socket Error 10060), and Yahoo says "Unknown Error, please fix". So what can I do?

TIA
MrNews

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:23 am

MrNews wrote:Sorry, but I can't access GMail and Yahoo with freePOPs. GMail doesn't react at all (Socket Error 10060), and Yahoo says "Unknown Error, please fix". So what can I do?

TIA
MrNews
Make sure that FreePops has internet access rights through your firewall.

MrNews
First Timer

Post by MrNews » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:00 pm

Rdsok wrote:
MrNews wrote:Sorry, but I can't access GMail and Yahoo with freePOPs. GMail doesn't react at all (Socket Error 10060), and Yahoo says "UPAÊ4È … ¦.Ó¦(’§`†¾ÚL8¸\݅磺C`2dse fix". So what can I do?

TIA
MrNews
Make sure that FreePops has internet access rights through your firewall.
FreePOPs has internet rights, but it still says: "unknown error, please fix". I don't know what to do!

KY Dave
Not the Developer

Post by KY Dave » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:45 pm

GMail is definetly supported as I retrieve several GMail accounts daily using FREEpops.

FREEpops documentation says...
FREEpops PDF wrote:This plugin supports these domains; @yahoo.com, @yahoo.it, @yahoo.ca, and @rocketmail.com
If you are using one of those domains, then with the correct settings PopTray and FreePOPS should retrieve your email.

Your entire email address must be in the LOGIN box, not just your USERNAME -> mrnews@yahoo.com <- The LOGIN should be all lowercase.

What other programs are you using that could affect your email, such as virus/email scanners or firewalls???

Something that might affect your retrieval is the number of emails on your account. If the number is quite large, then you could be having a timeout issue.
KY Dave

Family Blog

MrNews
First Timer

Post by MrNews » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:54 pm

KY Dave wrote:GMail is definetly supported as I retrieve several GMail accounts daily using FREEpops.

FREEpops documentation says...
FREEpops PDF wrote:This plugin supports these domains; @yahobÊâÈw‡ï_n!"vÙcЃÉt, @yahoo.ca, and @rocketmail.com
If you are using one of those domains, then with the correct settings PopTray and FreePOPS should retrieve your email.

Your entire email address must be in the LOGIN box, not just your USERNAME -> mrnews@yahoo.com <- The LOGIN should be all lowercase.

What other programs are you using that could affect your email, such as virus/email scanners or firewalls???

Something that might affect your retrieval is the number of emails on your account. If the number is quite large, then you could be having a timeout issue.
You are right, it works - there was one space too much, sorry. But GMail doesn't work at all, with correct settings of my accounts. Don't know what to do.