I open PopTray from taskbar but its not maximalized - Why?

Moderators: jojobear99, Rdsok

PopTrayer
Still here

I open PopTray from taskbar but its not maximalized - Why?

Post by PopTrayer » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:48 pm

When Windows is started I set PopTray to start minimalized (I dont want to minimalized manually everytime what I start Windows) but everytime when I open PopTray from taskbar it is not maximized - Why?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: I open PopTray from taskbar but its not maximalized - Why?

Post by Rdsok » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Poptray is no longer officially supported, in fact it only supports up to Windows XP. Upgrade to PoptrayU's latest version.

If you are running PoptrayU and just didn't say that ( as you should have )... make sure it's the latest version. It should open into windowed or maximized ( full screen ) mode depending on what you had it opened up too the last time it was open from being minimized.

PopTrayer
Still here

Post by PopTrayer » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:58 pm

My version is 3.2. I cant find the newest.
Is it not supported but works on Windows 10 quite well... almost...
When I click on icon on taskbar Pop Tray doesn't open maximized - why?

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:42 pm

Get PoptrayU here http://poptrayu.sourceforge.net/

We don't provide support for or even guess's as to how or why a VERY old version of Poptray works or not on a version of Windows it was not even made for... it is discontinued and only provided for users that are using old hardware.

PopTrayer
Still here

Post by PopTrayer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:15 am

OK, I understand, but can You help me when I will install the newest version? Thank You

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:46 pm

Unless your Windows itself is the problem... it's unlikely that you will have issues once you've installed and setup PoptrayU. After Windows XP, Microsoft started making big changes in the attempt to improve security on the system. The main two changes were the allowed locations that programs could save their files and settings without being blocked. I suspect the behavior you were seeing was due to that although I don't recall others mentioning the exact symptoms you mentioned. The only other area that could potentially be suspect would be any security software you may have installed.

PopTrayer
Still here

Post by PopTrayer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:10 pm

In the newest version problem is still the same. Im not sure did You do it specially, but this is strange. Why cant I open poptray from taskbar maximalized? I open it, maximalize, but after 5 minutes open again and again the same (Minimalized)

I tested without antivirus and firewall. This is poptrays problem only.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:58 pm

If it is the latest... it's name is PoptrayU .... you can't use the wrong name for things and expect others to just know what you are talking about... I'm also thinking the terms you are using for maximized and minimized are incorrect but I can't be certain. So just in case, I'll define each since it is important that you use the proper terms so others know what you are trying to say.

Maximized is when a program is open full screen and takes up the full monitor. I'm uncertain why you'd want it this way but that is besides the point.

Windowed mode... this is when a program is only taking up a smaller area of the screen on your monitor ( ie in a window ) and can be moved around and resized to different sizes of the screen.

Minimized ... you can't see any of the program window at all, it is only shown on the taskbar somewhere.

I'm also unable to recreate the problem on 3 different computers that I have access too. I've never read another user reporting the same issue either. If you didn't try it already... restart the computer and check again. If that doesn't help, I'm unable to provide a suggestion since I can't recreate the issue.

PopTrayer
Still here

Post by PopTrayer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Ok, once again - The newest version is only one (Unless You release the newest day after day?! - I dont think so...) so If youre givin ma link to newest you exactly know what Im talkin about. I dont care about name - newest is newest!

Maximized is when a program is open full screen and takes up the full monitor. I'm uncertain why you'd want it this way but that is besides the point. - It makes sense if you have 32 accounts and I don't see 75% of them in a small window. (In window mode)

So... Im writing about window mode.

When I start Windows PopTray is minimalized (Sic!) because I marked this option - Good!
but...
when I click on icon on taskbar I have Window mode (Not maximalized mode) and can not see 100% of my accounts.

Yes - I tested after turning off and turning on my computer.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:46 am

Ok... If I'm now understanding what you mean...

You are saying the window isn't wide enough to show each of the email accounts that you've added. This isn't a bug, it is how a program's window works... it is re sizable but it doesn't automatically do it. Move your mouse cursor over the right edge of the window, when the cursor switches to a double arrow... click and drag the side of the window to the size you want. This is a function of how the windows in Windows has always worked. Some programs ( not PoptrayU ) require that you do it in a particular manner using a specific shortcut to that program... Google Chrome would be one of those as one example.

PopTrayer
Still here

Post by PopTrayer » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 am

I know the window can be expanded but it will never be maximized automatically (I count on it) Strange...

OK - Thanks, I understand now though I regret that this does not solve the problem.

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Post by Rdsok » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:47 pm

In Windows... a windowed program never automatically expands to a certain size normally, it opens to it's last size that it was set for by the user or the default windowed size if the user never changed it. This is as it is designed to operate and therefore is not a problem simply because it isn't as you'd like to see it operate.

As a side note, Poptray and PoptrayU are open source... if they don't behave the way you would like, you can change that behavior but you'd have to program it that way since it isn't a defined standard in Windows or the majority of programs that run in Windows.

PopTrayer
Still here

Post by PopTrayer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:53 pm

You wrote: "In Windows... a windowed program never automatically expands to a certain size normally, it opens to it's last size that it was set for by the user or the default windowed size if the user never changed it."

And this is problem - Last size was maximalized - I changed windows to maximalized but after open again window is not maximalized.

Im not programmer, so Im affraid I cant do it...