How can a message be identified as ignored ?

General discussion about PopTray. You love it? You hate it? Talk about it here.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

homaquebec
PopTray Family

How can a message be identified as ignored ?

Post by homaquebec » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:48 pm

I regularly see, down in the right corner of an account window : 1 message (1 ignored) (I changed the abreviations for the complete words in French) or x message(s) (y ignored) or, sometimes : x message(s)(x ignored). I dont really know what ignored means. I searched in the Help function and found that ignored messages come from a rule. So I verified all my rules and none of them have the box Ignore enabled.

So, how comes that I have messages identified as ignored ? :?:

Sincerlely, it does not bother me at all - except if I could miss messages - but since I have installed PopTray on many of my friends' computer, I would like to know... to be able to answer their questions and, by the way, mine. :oops:
Last edited by homaquebec on Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renier
Site Admin

Post by Renier » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:04 am

I think messages marked as spam from the blacklist are also marked as ignored (so you don't get notified about them).

homaquebec
PopTray Family

Post by homaquebec » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:05 pm

Renier wrote:I think messages marked as spam from the blacklist are also marked as ignored (so you don't get notified about them).
Thanks.
In the Help Function, the author wrote:The black list is email address that you do not want to receive any mail from. If the address is listed here any message from that address will be delete everytime you check the server.
Don't you think that this text should become something like :

• The black list is email addresses that you do not want to receive any mail from. If an address is listed here any message from that address will be deleted everytime you check the server, except if you have choosen to have messages being marked as spam instead of being deleted. If messages are not deleted, you do not get notified when such messages arrive. No notification sound will be played, and it will not be indicated on the tray icon.
:roll: :idea: :|