Blender fails to run. Probably graphics card related problem

Anything and Everything. Chat about stuff not related to PopTray.

Moderators: KY Dave, jojobear99, Rdsok

ClintBarton
First Timer

Blender fails to run. Probably graphics card related problem

Post by ClintBarton » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 am

HI,

I am trying to run Blender 2.44 on my new computer, which has the following spec: Intel core2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5Ghz, 4Gb DDR2 ram, Asus P5N-D motherboard, ATI Radeon HD 3800 series graphics card, Vista Home Premium 64bit operating system. Installed program successfully, but on running program immediately stops working. Windows message begins: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program . . . ." The same Blender program worked OK on my last single core PC with XP 32bit operating system; it had a GeForce 6600 graphics card. I have the same problem with other 3d applications on this new computer and suspect I need to change my graphics card. Please advise me which graphics card will successfully run Blender on the Vista 64bit operating system.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952

Thanks!
Last edited by Rdsok on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed url unrelated to the subject of the post

Rdsok
PopTray Family

Re: Blender fails to run. Probably graphics card related problem

Post by Rdsok » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Most new video cards are unlikely to support Vista 64b. Trying to suggest a decent compatible video card for a 10 year old system running a 12 year old operating system is going to be a challenge. More than likely you'll need to find something in the used market so your choices are going to be limited by supply and which ones even have Vista 64b compatible drivers will limit those choices further.

As for other suggestions... Please post what steps you've already attempted before anyone posts suggestions so we can avoid repeating something you've already tried to fix the problem.